Sunday, July 5, 2009

Homeward Bound

Tomorrow I'll be going on the longest solo road trip I've ever taken. Granted it's only an 8 hour drive to Illinois, it's long nonetheless.  Instead of seeing beautiful forests and bluffs, I will see endless miles of open prairie. I'm rather looking forward to the trip and hope to stop quite a few times along the way, visiting numerous small towns. My posts will be a little scarce once I'm back in Illinois. I have to get ready for my best friends wedding, which should be a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I won't have much time to go hiking this coming week and weekend, but after that I'm hoping to go up to Jay Cooke State Park and go hiking with a good friend.

Here's a playlist I'm planning for my trip.. Just artists names rather..

Eagan, MN ~ Lifter Puller
Until MN State Line ~ The Cooper Temple Clause
Wisconsin State Line ~ The Seedy Seeds
Heading into Black River Falls, WI ~ Murder by Death
After Black River Falls to Madison, WI ~ Regina Spektor, Leadbelly, Haley Bonar, The Rolling Stones, Violent Femmes
After Madison, WI ~ Tapes n' Tapes, Cursive
Illinois State Line ~ Radiohead, Simon & Garfunkel
From Rockford to Chicago ~ Shiny Toy Guns, The Ting Tings, Muse
From Chicago to Home ~ Random music/Radio possibly?

Or.. I may go to Starved Rock State Park in IL. It's a bit out of the way.. so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment