Wednesday, July 1, 2009

William O'Brien State Park








Last weekend I went out hiking in William O'Brien State Park. It was definitely a tougher hike than I thought it would be.. but that is mostly because I took all of the difficult trails. I came across a few animals, including some wild turkeys and a snake, not sure what kind. I need to try and have a lighter step while out hiking. I feel I'd have some better instances of observing animals. Here are a few images I took of the park. The landscape had so much variety and beauty that I wasn't really expecting.

This coming weekend I will be hiking in Frontenac State Park as well as the Barn Bluff near it. Henry David Thoreau said of this area this, "Too much could not be said for the grandeur and beauty of the region".

I'm really looking forward to this hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment