Friday, July 3, 2009

Frontenac State Park






Today I left with the intention of going to Frontenac and then after that, the Barn Bluff in Red Wing, MN.. I however did not expect the hike Frontenac gave me. Had I stuck the hiking club trails, it wouldn't have been terribly difficult.. But I had taken a separate trail which took be down a steep, winding path. It brought me all the way down from the top of the bluff to the shore line of Lake Pepin. It was just beautiful.. If only there were not so many people out in their motor boats and jet skis.. it would've been peaceful. After that I had to hike back up the steep trail and it did a number on me. It's not the hiking I usually do.. but when I reached the top I felt much more accomplished than I usually do when I finish a hike. After that I hiked for another 3 or 4 miles on the regular trail.. It made me grateful that I went on the difficult trail. It was definitely a welcomed change to what I'm used to hiking at the state parks. Afterward I was quite tired and so decided not to visit the barn bluff, as I knew that was a bit of a climb as well and I don't think I would appreciate it's beauty as much had I gone today. So another day. Plus today was overcast.. I'm sure the view will be spectacular when I return in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment